If you’ve ever given thought to staying at Disney World deluxe resort, the House of Mouse is now sweetening the pot with new Extended Evening Theme Park Hours. As the name implies, this special perk offers guests the opportunity to enter or stay late in one of its parks after hours, but it’s currently only available to guests of Disney World deluxe resorts.
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours a New Luxury Perk
In a new Disney era where added perks mean more vacation dollars, the Extended Evening Theme Park Hours won’t be met with enthusiasm by every traveler. The cost for a single night at a deluxe resort can come in at more than double other on-property hotels, adding up to a hefty bill for the after-hours privilege.
However, if you frequently stay at a Disney World deluxe resort or are willing to splurge on a vacation, extended hours offer an incredible opportunity to experience the parks with drastically fewer crowds.
Currently, Extended Evening Theme Park Hours are only available at EPCOT and Magic Kingdom and only for select nights. Guests have the opportunity to experience the parks for two hours post closing, and those who have taken advantage of the opportunity report very low wait times even on popular attractions such as Test Track or Frozen.
And that’s another thing to know about Extended Evening Theme Park Hours. Not every attraction will be open. Here are the attractions you can currently expect to experience:
Magic Kingdom Park
- “it’s a small world”
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Beauty and The Beast Sing-Along
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Mission: SPACE
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Disney, of course, wants you to realize that this list is subject to change as weather-related or other closures might impact the list above. Select merchandise and food establishments will also remain open during Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
Disney World Resorts Eligible for Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
Disney resorts come in 3 flavors: value, moderate and deluxe. Deluxe resorts grace the upper tier, offering a true hotel experience with a few added perks, such as bigger rooms and more upscale furnishings. Some even offer added amenities such as the chance to view your own African Savannah from your balcony or the chance to watch Magic Kingdom Fireworks from your hotel balcony or pool.
Guests staying at all of these resorts, including their DVC cousins and a few extras, are eligible for Extended Evening Theme Park Hours. Here is the complete list of eligible resorts.
Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Other Select Hotels
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World®
If you’re thinking about staying at one of the resorts listed above, you now have another reason to add to your list of pros.
And if you think a deluxe resort stay is out of your budget, be sure to look for resort room discounts, consider our money saving tips and learn how you can cut dollars off the cost of a Disney World vacation. We’re on a mission to simplify your vacation planning and help you have a more enjoyable trip to Disney World.